Today we are talking about how the workers will balancing their multiple jobs and get successes in business easily. I hope it will help you to manage your multiple jobs at once.
8 tips for Balancing Multiple Jobs :
Earlier, people used to take up freelancing jobs and part-time jobs for earning some extra cash. However, with soaring inflation, lower pay increases, and increasing layoffs, people have been forced to take up part-time jobs in order to make ends meet.
They are no longer working just 9-5 and hoping for the next big promotion to come their way. In order to live a desired lifestyle, they are working extra hours, which is taking a toll on their personal lives. If you are working multiple jobs, here are a few tips that will help you manage them better:
- Time management- It all comes down to time management. You have to chalk out a schedule for each job. Sometimes, chalking out a schedule for each job is pretty easy. For example, if you have a full-time job on weekdays, you can do freelancing work on weekends. However, in other cases, it can be a bit tricky. For example, a teaching mother who is also doing part-time marketing later in the day.
- Prioritize- It is important to prioritize your jobs daily. For people working on multiple part time jobs, they need to prioritize according to deadlines. For people working a full time job with some part time jobs, they need to keep their full time job highest priority and adjust the rest according to daily needs.
- Cut down on personal tasks- If you are serious about handling multiple tasks, you have to sacrifice on personal tasks. Cut down on socializing, cut down a little bit on your sleeping time and you will be good.
- Negotiate telecommuting- Some companies do not have a problem with people working from their home. Talk to your employer and see if you can work from home on some days of the week. It will help you save on your travel time, which you can dedicate to other tasks.
- Take frequent breaks- When you are doing multiple jobs, it can be mentally very taxing. In order to stay enthusiastic, it is important to take frequent breaks from work. It will help you stay focused and on the job.
- Make use of your travel time- Sometimes, you can accomplish plenty of work in your free time. For example, if you are working as a part time social media marketer, you can always do status updates on Twitter and Facebook while you are travelling from work to home or vice-versa.
- Try and delegate- You don’t need to do it all by yourself. You can always ask for help of friends and family. In fact, you can pay them for the tasks they do. For example, if you are charging INR 20,000 per month for social media marketing, you can always pay a friend 5,000 to handle part of the job during the weekdays. Usually, you can find such people, who do not mind making some extra bucks on the side.
- Try overlap- Sometimes, you can overlap different job profiles. For example, if you are a social media marketer, you can always make social updates while working from office. Of course, the management shouldn’t have a problem with you doing so. Do discuss with them before taking such a step.
If you have any suggestion or query about how to manage multiple jobs then feel free to ask us via comment.
Amit Kumar Sharma is founder Content Marketer and Permanent Intern http://www.recruitmentnews.co.in. He’s an avid storyteller and a techie, who’s now diving deeper into the world of marketing and social media.
Join StackBuddy Newsletter
Get latest updates about blogging, seo, affiliate marketing, make money online & other content right in your inbox.