If you are in development sector in IT industry so interview is the key point to select in any company. In this series we have asp .net interview questions that will useful for fresher and experience developers. Let us know if you have any suggestion for the same.
Asp .net interview questions
1. Explain how a web application works ?
A web application resides in the server and serves the client’s requests over internet. The client access the web page using browser from his machine. When a client makes a request, it receives the result in the form of HTML which are interpreted and displayed by the browser.
2. What is ASP?
3. What is ASP.NET?
ASP.NET is a part of .NET Framework. You can create ASP.NET applications in most of the .NET compatible languages, such as Visual Basic, C#, and J#. The ASP.NET compiles the Web pages and provides much better performance than scripting languages, such as VBScript. The Web Forms support to create powerful forms-based Web pages.
4. Advantages of ASP.NET ?
Following are the advantages of ASP.NET.
- Web application exists in compiled form on the server so the execution speed is faster as compared to the interpreted scripts.
- Content and program logic are separated which reduces the inconveniences of program maintenance.
- To develop program logic, a developer can choose to write their code in more than 25 .Net languages including VB.Net, C#, JScript.Net etc.
- ASP.NET offers built-in security features through windows authentication or other authentication methods.
- Integrated with ADO.NET.
- Built-in caching feature
5. What is the basic difference between ASP and ASP.NET?
The basic difference between ASP and ASP.NET is that ASP is interpreted; whereas, ASP.NET is compiled. This implies that since ASP uses VBScript; therefore, when an ASP page is executed, it is interpreted. On the other hand, ASP.NET uses .NET languages, such as C# and VB.NET, which are compiled to Microsoft Intermediate Language (MSIL).
6. Explain the components of web form in ASP.NET ?
The server controls are Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) elements that include a runat=server attribute. They provide automatic state management and server-side events and respond to the user events by executing event handler on the server.
These controls also respond to the user events but the events processing happen on the client machine.
Data controls allow to connect to the database, execute command and retrieve data from database.
System components provide access to system-level events that occur on the server.
7. What is CLR ?
(Common language Runtime) provides services like type safety, security, code execution, thread management, interoperability services.
8. What is an Assembly?
An assembly exists as a .DLL or .EXE that contains MSIL code that is executed by CLR. An assembly contains interface and classes, it can also contain other resources like bitmaps, files etc. It carries version details which are used by the CLR during execution. Two assemblies of the same name but with different versions can run side-by-side enabling applications that depend on a specific version to use assembly of that version.
9. What are the types of Assembly ?
The four parts of an assembly are:
- Assembly Manifest – It contains name, version, culture, and information about referenced assemblies.
- Type metadata – It contains information about types defined in the assembly.
- MSIL – MSIL code.
- Resources – Files such as BMP or JPG file or any other files required by application.
10 . What is CTS (Common Type System) ?
.Net allows developers to write program logic in at least 25 languages. The classes written in one language can be used by other languages in .Net. This service of .Net is possible through CTS which ensure the rules related to data types that all language must follow. It provides set of types that are used by all .NET languages and ensures .NET language type compatibility.
Please share your feedback about Asp .Net Interview Questions by comment.
Join StackBuddy Newsletter
Get Free Weekly Updates Via Email About Blogging Tips, SEO , Affiliate Marketing, Make Money Online & News from Stackbuddy.