First things first, what exactly is the difference between cloud hosting and shared hosting? Shared hosting is self-defined meaning that you should share your space with other users within your circle. This means that you will be forced to share your CPU and/or RAM with other users making it impossible to have your independent space. Cloud hosting on the other hand allows multiple servers being connected to a cloud network making it possible for WordPress users to have their independent space.
In the last two years, hosting for WordPress has gained reputation and the big companies have shown remarkable change by climbing to the top ranks thanks to WordPress and Cloud computing. In this post, we are digging deeper and trying to understand why cloud computing is becoming popular by the day. Read on…
For all WordPress users, switching from shared hosting to cloud hosting is the best thing you will ever do for your website or blog. And this is why;
- According to experts like salesforce DX, cloud hosting provides instant scalability as opposed to shared hosting. Therefore, your website will be in a position to handle the spears in web traffic without crashing or slowing down. But how is that possible, you might wonder? Well, this happens through a collection of servers that are linked to a cloud network.
- Owing to the fact that big companies have become successful thanks to WordPress and its ability to sustain the mad web traffic, cloud hosting also offers specific apps that shared hosting does not offer. For example, cloud hosting offers Content Delivery Network (CDN) app while shared hosting does not. Additionally, CDN app makes your WordPress site faster and better; something that every client out there looks for.
- Cloud hosting lets WordPress users utilize the hosting services according to their specific requirements. As a matter of fact, because of this, cloud hosting is seen as an extension of clustered hosting because different websites can be effortlessly hosted on multiple servers.
- On the other hand, WordPress users who are used to shared hosting might feel that switching to cloud hosting is expensive. But looking on the brighter side, cloud hosting will be a good choice for you especially if you are looking for maximum scalability, high power, extraordinary aps and first class programs. Therefore, you will be getting good value for your money in the long run.
- Lastly, if you feel that shared hosting is doing justice to your WordPress site or blog, then the change is not that necessary. After all, shared hosting is still being recognized as the most inexpensive with exceptional customer service and excellent hosting applications.
Bottom line is; WordPress hosting can be controlled by shared hosting as well as cloud hosting. Nonetheless, it all comes down to the type of website you are hosting, the type of content you are producing, your predictions on visitor and traffic engagement. Here is the real deal; if you intent to have a site with a lot of traffic, complex applications and exceptional user engagement, then cloud hosting is the perfect choice for you. Additionally, if you intend to make it big with Search Engine Optimization skills, cloud hosting will be perfect. However, if you plan on having a small blog, or online portfolio, then shared hosting will be a good choice for you.
David Wicks is a professional WordPress blogger with first-hand experience on both shared and cloud hosting. He has been in business for 15 years now. For more information go to Flosum.com
Join StackBuddy Newsletter
Get Free Weekly Updates Via Email About Blogging Tips, SEO , Affiliate Marketing, Make Money Online & News from Stackbuddy.